Registering for Online Classes
- Applying to WCJC and registering for classes are the same for both online and face-to-face classes. Please review the steps to register for classes if you are unclear about where to begin.
- You can use the Online Course Finder in Banner to search for available classes by term.
Beginning Your Online Class
You are enrolled in an online course. Now what? This section will provide you with some of the key information to get you started with your course. Even if you have taken an online course before, we urge you to read it carefully. Here’s what you need to do.
Make sure your computer is ready to go.
- A computer with a reliable internet connection is a must. Please take the time to review our Computer Requirements listed on the Distance Education Student Resources page.
Sign into Brightspace and learn the basics of how to use the system.
- Online classes use an online learning platform called D2L Brightspace. Additional help and instructions on signing in can be found on the My WCJC Portal sign in page.
- Beginning August 15, 2022, after you are registered as a student, you should see the "Student Resource" course appear on the "MyWCJC' widget under the "Training and Resources" tab. This course will give you a great overview of how Brightspace works, how to prepare your computer for testing, and how to get help if you are stuck.
Sign into Brightspace on the first day of the semester to begin your classes.
Courses will not be visible until the first day of the semester.
- You should access Brightspace through the MyWCJC Portal. Additional help and instructions on signing in can be found on the sign in page.
- After signing into Brightspace, you will see a "My WCJC" area. Click on the name of the course to enter the course
- To access course materials, click on "Content" located on the red nav bar at the top, after entering the course.
- Most courses will contain a "READ ME FIRST" document and a "Getting Started" section to orient you to the course.
Purchase your textbooks and other course materials.
- Your schedule lists the course number and section (like PSYC 1300). You can obtain more information about course textbooks by visiting the Bookstore.
Stuck? Need Assistance?
If you experience any trouble accessing your course by the first day, please contact the Student Help Desk by completing the Request for IT Support Form or by calling (979) 532-6568.