WCJC is committed to supporting Distance Education students by providing a range of student services. Please feel free to contact the Distance Education department if you have additional questions.
Virtual Brightspace Orientation for Students and Q&A Session
Come learn how to navigate your online courses in Blackboard and get answers to your questions.
Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 7:00 pm
Tuesday, January 17, 2023, at 7:00 pm
Wednesday, January 18, 2023, at 7:00 pm
Link to Join
Meeting ID: 840 8910 8408
Minimum System Requirements for Brightspace
Students who enroll in an Internet or Hybrid course do not have to own a computer but must have access to a computer with the following requirements:
- Computer - As a general guideline, a computer three years old or less is best. It should be running at least Windows 8, Mac OS 10.12 or Chromium OS.
- Internet Access - A satellite, DSL, or cable connection or higher is best. Dial-up connections are not recommended and will be problematic. If relying on an employer's Internet connection, be aware that firewall restrictions and policies may exist that prevent access to all or part of the course, using the college's online tools.
- Web Browser - For an optimal experience that offers better performance, accessibility, and security, D2L recommends that all users access the Brightspace Learning Environment with the latest version of a supported browser.
- Tip: By default, most browsers automatically update to the latest version. To ensure you are running the latest browser version, D2L recommends that you set your browser to auto-update.
- It is also recommended that students install multiple browsers when possible. Chrome browser is the recommended browser of the college on all computers and operating systems.
- List of supported browsers - D2L Brightspace Documentation Page
- Pop-up Blockers - While using D2L Brightspace, if you are unable to view discussion postings, quiz windows, and download links, then you may need to disable pop-up blocking for the WCJC D2L Brightspace site.
- Administrative Rights - If you are not using a computer provided by WCJC, you must have the administrative rights necessary to download and install required programs and plug-ins on the computer you use to access your online courses.
Students should perform a basic system check by going to the D2l Brightspace System Check before the start of each semester.
D2L Brightspace Support
- Brightspace Help for Learners
- 24/7 Email (response within 24 hours)
- 24/7 Live Chat (response within 90 seconds)
WCJC Student Help Desk
Admission and Registration Support
- Steps for Admissions
- Financial Aid
- Tuition and Fee Info
- Pay Online
- Academic Calendar
- Online Bookstore
- Library Services for Online Students
- Testing Center
- Students with Disabilities
- Campus Computer Labs