- Applicants MUST be 21 years of age within sixty (60) days of graduation from the police
academy. IF an applicant is not 21, one or more of the following requirements must
- Received a minimum of 60 semester credit hours from an accredited college or university - OR -
- Received an associate degree from an accredited college - OR -
- Received an Honorable Discharge from the United States Armed Forces after two years minimum active duty
- Applicants must have a current application with Wharton County Junior College to be eligible to register for the course. If you need to apply, please visit the following link: https://www.wcjc.edu/Admissions/admissions-and-registration/procedures.aspx and follow the admission steps. NOTE: Please select your major as CER_BPOC
- Applicants must also complete the program Application and submit directly to the police academy office. Upon receipt, the academy information/registration packet will be issued for the requested class.
- Applicants must be complete with WCJC admission requirements before registering for the police academy course.